Presented by: Annette Dubrouilet
Worth 1.25 Recertification Points - Must Pass Quiz
Length: 75 Minutes
Date presented: July 1, 2015
Supervising others can be fulfilling and challenging. In this session, you will learn about supervisory styles (task-centered and people-centered approaches), the importance of communication, the art of delegation and getting someone else to take on additional responsibility, and learn how to motivate others towards success. This session will also provide tips and tricks on how to evaluate employees and how to help those you supervise reach their potential.
- Describe the two supervisory styles and when it is appropriate to use each of them.
- List three feedback techniques they should avoid.
- Explain why delegation is beneficial to his or herself and to others.
- Create a list of applicable incentives and motivators for his or her team.
- Describe the specific challenges of being promoted from within an organization and how to address them.
- State the importance of self-maintenance and describe how they will support his or herself.